How to Help¶
Requests is under active development, and contributions are more than welcome!
- Check for open issues or open a fresh issue to start a discussion around a feature idea or a bug. There is a Contributor Friendly tag for issues that should be ideal for people who are not very familiar with the codebase yet.
- Fork the repository on Github andstart making your changes to a new branch.
- Write a test which shows that the bug was fixed or that the feature works as expected.
- Send a pull request and bug the maintainer until it gets merged and published. :) Make sure to add yourself to AUTHORS.
You’ll need to install py.test in order to run the Requests’ test suite:
$ make test-deps $ make test py.test platform darwin -- Python 2.7.3 -- pytest-2.3.4 collected 25 items test_requests.py ......................... 25 passed in 3.50 seconds
Requests currently supports the following versions of Python:
- Python 2.6
- Python 2.7
- Python 3.1
- Python 3.2
- Python 3.3
- PyPy 1.9
Support for Python 3.1 and 3.2 may be dropped at any time.
Google App Engine will never be officially supported. Pull requests for compatiblity will be accepted, as long as they don’t complicate the codebase.
Are you crazy?¶
- SPDY support would be awesome. No C extensions.